We love software and all things tech! These are the events on our radar for 2019.
This event list is geared towards three types of people:
- Company, Project or Product Managers (from CTO/CIO level to PMOs & Scrum Masters)
- Technology Professionals (Devs, Hackers, Inventors & other Geniuses)
- ‘Startuppers’ and hobbyists (Innovators, Founders, Investors & technology enthusiasts)
We may be at some of these events (and/or their side events), if you’d like to meet or invite us, please feel free to reach out to one of our team.
Tech Events in Estonia
- Latitude59 (Kultuurikatel, Tallinn): From May 28 to 29, Tallinn’s ‘main event’ about technology & innovation, startups, investment opportunities and the future of governance in the digital age. Latitude59 gives you a sneak peek into Estonia’s tech ecosystem including 100 startup pitches and 15 topic tracks on 4 stages. The event features speakers such as Kersti Kaljulaid (President of Estonia), Morten Lund (Serial Entrepreneur from Copenhagen), and R. Michael Anderson (Leadership expert from London) among other influential names and industry leaders.
- Nordic Testing Days (Tallinn): The annual Internal Testing Conference kicks off on May 29th to May 31st. Nordic Testing Days focuses on facilitating quality software development in the industry while serving as a networking forum for potential employees and employers.
- Sourcing Summit (Tallinn): Are you a talent geek, tool tinkerer, people finder, game changer, or a risk taker? If so, you can find your peers (thousands) from across Europe at the #SOSUEE event from June 6-7, 2019. The event, which will be held at the Alexela Concert Hall offers a glimpse of the talent sourcing and recruiting landscape – opportunities, emerging trends, and challenges.
- Moontec (Tallinn): The Tallinn Creative Hub will host the largest Nordic blockchain summit on 26-27 November. This event attracts investors and industry leaders from all over the globe. Conversations would be about the disruptive and promising world of blockchain technology. For those who want to know more about what the future of blockchain looks like, this is a must-attend event.
- Instrutec (Tallinn): From November 6-8, the Estonia Fairs Centre will host the 25th International Fair for Production Development, Production Engineering, Tooling, Subcontracting, and Maintenance. Since 1995 the Instrutec fair has continued to provide an information environment about trends in the industrial market.
- Robotex (Tallinn): Beyond just Software, Robotex is about robotics, mechatronic and other engineering disciplines. Thousands of families, students, engineers, and industry leaders will meet at the 2019 Robotex international festival. Said to be the “Biggest Robotics Festival on the planet,” and rightfully so, the event includes workshops, insightful keynotes, and innovative competitions.
- sTARTUp Day (Tartu): Running from 29th to 31st January (2020), sTARTUp Day is the perfect matchmaking event for investors and startups. The primary aim of the festival is to encourage startup-corporate collaboration.
Tech Events in Finland
- RE: THINK (SingularityU Nordic Summit): The Finlandia Hall in Helsinki is scheduled to hold the SingularityU Nordic Summit on May 28 and 29. The event covers a wide range of technology fields and topics such as artificial intelligence, corporate innovation, privacy and cybersecurity, healthcare, impact leadership, data ethics among others. This is any investor’s chance to mingle with over 1,000 impact leaders, government officials, and top executives in the Nordics.
- Artic15: Acclaimed as the “largest startup event in Finland” by Tech.eu, Artic15 is a conference that continues to raise the bar. According to Forbes, “Artic15 is focused on creating real value through connecting international investors, corporations, and startups.” The event runs from June 5-6, 2019.
- Nordic Business Forum: With names such as George Clooney, Randi Zuckerberg, Steve Wozniak, and Daniel Pink on the Speakers’ list, it will be hard to find a better event in Helsinki than the Nordic Business Forum 2019. The event, which focuses on growth is scheduled for October 9-10.
- Slush: On the 21st to 22nd of November, 2019, Helsinki will host the reunion of over 2000 investor, 4000 startups, and 20,000 attendees. The event includes workshops, speed mentoring, and talks, by the brightest startup minds such as Julia Hartz (Eventbrite), Martin Lau (Tencent), Dr. Werner Vogels (Amazon), Brian Halligan (HubSpot), and Bill Ready (PayPal) to name a few. According to TechCrunch, Slush is a “Mix of fantastic networking speakers and startups.”
There are certainly more events happening around us, in the Nordics or the Baltics. Didn’t find what you need from this page? Perhaps you were looking for something more deeply technical. Or, you may have wanted to learn about trends in software and technology from the perspective of applying something in your business. Either way we can help, please feel free to reach out to anyone from our team and we’d be happy to share insights from our experience.
Don’t see an event here and would like us to add it? Let us know!